Monday, October 29, 2012

Son of A Biscuit Eating Bulldog!

Interesting tittle, no? I used to love those orbit commercials. Dirty mouth? clean it up!

I recently moved so I don't have many crafty things to share with you all today....so here is a picture of my adorable kitten, Marly! She climbed up those clothes. Someone talk me out of declawing her please because it's looking more appealing each morning that I wake up to her having shredded a brand new roll of toilet paper.

So I really want to talk about something near and dear to my heart and I'm sure many of yours though you try to hold it in. Don't!! Let it out! Scream and bitch and whine about it until the madness ends!!! But really guys I'm talking about this whole sub-tweet/ vague facebook status thing. It needs to stop.

Some of you, at least everyone under 25, knows what I'm talking about. Most of you have probably done a little subtweeting yourself. That's alright. I have too. We are all human. We all get emotional over others and feel the need to vent about it. These social media cites are not diaries. Don't spill your guts and think that not using someone's name is going to make it less obvious.

Here are some wonderful examples to get my point across:

1) I have a friend (I am refusing to mention any names here but I'm sure she will know who she is and subtweet about it) and she really liked this guy. A lot of drama went down between them. I won't go into the dirty details but now she is subtweeting him constantly. He is also one of my friends and we have talked about how he feels about it. It's creepy. Legitimately he feels stalked. They weren't together that long so it's just weird. But even if you have been together for a long time and something happens. DON'T DO IT!! That person will know. It just makes you look pathetic. You shouldn't be sitting at home whining about them anyways  Go out and move on. Don't pine away for them. Now I know that I have done this. Not often but I do. Many times after I have done it, I delete the status or tweet. It's especially easy for me on twitter because he doesn't follow me, but that doesn't make it alright.

Example two is a bit more annoying.

2) Basically my friend and I got in a fight. Drunken and stupid I lied to her and drama unfolded. In her sober mind everything was clear but I don't think she took my state of mind into consideration. Honestly, it should not have been as big of a deal as it was/is. It was only a few days ago but it is just getting worse. I have seen at least 5 subtweets about me and one facebook status that I know involved me. It's especially obvious since she is hashtagging (#) something about best friends with every one. Where I should be sorry it just makes me angry. She is dragging this out and making it a huge drama when all it really needs is an apology and a hug, which I have given several times I might add.

So look at these from my and my guy friend's point of view. Now think about how dumb you look when you subtweet someone else. Honestly, after each subtweet I feel more pathetic no matter if I am mad, sad, or something else. It's showing that that person is on your mind when they probably shouldn't be.

I would say the only exception is things like "I love him" or things like that. But that's sickening so I will unfriend/follow you if I see that shit.

This is why I gave up Facebook the last time.

Now for more Marly!

"How childish to make a big deal out of nothing"

"I'm mature enough to forgive you, but I'm not dumb enough to trust you again."

". Tired of not understanding. Just want things to be the way it used to be."

"I'm so glad we didn't date"

No comments:

Post a Comment