Monday, June 25, 2012

Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!

Alright, so here is another project that I absolutely loved!!! A while back my sister was getting rid of a lot of her clothes and such. First, she came to me with her unwanted clothes to see if I wanted any. She had these heels.



I really love shoes and will pretty much take any I can get so I grabbed a hold of these. That was a while back and I have yet to wear them today. They're cute but the black/brown combo makes me unsure and I don't wear a lot of brown anyways. Then I saw a tutorial on pinterest for painting your heels. I really wanted to try it so I decided to use these as my Guinea pig.

What you'll need:


1. The first step to adding some color to your heels is to use rubbing alcohol to clean the bottom of the shoes. My shoes have ridges in the bottom so I made sure I was extra careful and cleaned them well.

2. The second step is to cover the bottom of your shoes in a layer of white nail polish. It doesn't have to be thick it just needs to cover the area you want to be colorful. I used a regular paint brush to cover the bottom quicker. This ruined my brush. The tutorial said that nail polish remover would get rid of it but that's not true apparently. Luckily I have cheap brushes.
My shoe is hanging on and upside down stool to dry.

3. Once the white is completely dry you can begin to cover with your second color of nail polish. This will be your final color. You will probably need two or three coats to cover it completely. Remember that the shoes will be viewed from afar so it's not super important that the color is thick.

This is my end result. I think they're super cute now. I chose pink because it matches most of my "Going out" outfits. It also was my most popular nail polish color and this project takes a good portion of the bottle so I wanted to use something I have a lot of. There were some spots on the underneath of the shoe where paint got onto the black that I didn't want to paint. I just used a black sharpie (!!!) to cover up these spots as well as any scuffs. The shoes look great now!

My boyfriend James has been bugging me to write a blog post about him. So I'm just going to quickly include that he is the weirdest guy I have gone out with but also the most interesting. He changes the words to the music of songs and sings to me. They don't rhyme and hardly make sense but its cute. We have a kitten named Phoenix and, before we got her, he promised he would clean out the litter box every day and that I would never have to if we got a kitten. Now that we have her that's completely changed. He complains every time I ask him too, but it's worth it because she's pretty great too. That's pretty much all I have to say. Just trying to embarrass him as any good girlfriend would.

No comments:

Post a Comment