Thursday, June 21, 2012

Here's a Tack to Pin That

The Beginning


A friend told me about pinterest.com. She showed me an app on her iphone (part of me envies this app and the other is thankful I don't have it. I would never look away from it). Slowly, or not so slowly, I have become nearly addicted. My drug of choice: DIY & Crafts. I can't help it. I have always been an arts and crafts kind of girl so imagine my excitement when finding a site practically dedicated to doing stuff. All kinds of stuff! Arts, crafts, food and pastries, activities, anything! Obviously, I instantly dumped my stubleupon account and took hold of the pinterest bandwagon. Now I can't get off. Look at this! I'm even devoting a blog to the site! Now that's dedication.

Reasoning


My thing, how I really learn, is mimicking. That's my problem with pinterest (one of very few). Some pins don't go anywhere. When a youtube video is pinned that's just dandy but I'm not interested in the hair tutorials (because, frankly, my hair will never behave as well as Candy's does for her whatchamacallit hairstyle). I'm interested in the make-your-own dinnerware and all those bracelets. I want to do something with my hands that I can look at daily because I don't have the time or patience to mess with my hair, a ponytail will suffice. I want something to be proud of. But again some things are without directions or aren't in English (I should have stayed awake in High School Spanish). So, while I may be frustrated by the lack of help, I'd like to let others know how I'm doing what i am and how I've done what I have with so little (specifically very little $$$).

I'm not going to schedule my blogs and I won't post one about a project today. Some blogs will be short about small projects, some might include several projects, some will be one long project. All projects are open to interpretation and can probably be done differently and even better. Most projects will be my first time and won't be repeated.

ENJOY

-KMOlogy

No comments:

Post a Comment