Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dream Big

So this is a project that I did for school. The one I made isn't very crafty but I really liked the idea and have a few ways that it could be made more appealing to the eye so I'm ognna go ahead and share it.
This is my dream board:
This would be a good project for a rainy day or with kids. The way we did it in class was to make a list of 5 dreams that you hope to complete within the next year, 5 within the next 5 years, and then 3 for the next 10. I really didn't like the "within a year" part because I didn't really have anything important I wanted to do. I used things like go to college (which is important but I knew I would do it already), get clear skin, get healthy, and things like that. Honestly, I didn't even attempt these goals. They just weren't that important to me. It's the other ones that meant a lot. I've had dreams of traveling and a son for a long time. It's was important to me that they go onto my dream board. All of my pictures were cut out of magazines and glued onto a piece of constriction paper. My teachers laminated it and it hangs on my wall today.

This project is pretty plain. So I came up with some ways to make it look prettier.

1. I have seen online where people have taken cookie sheets, spray painted them, and then used them as a magnet board. The same idea could be used for this. Remember, the idea is your dreams from now so don't change the dreams out. Just add on new ones as they develop.

2. A shadow box from Hobby Lobby would be a great idea. This way not only pictures but actual objects could go into your dream board (box). If I had made a shadow box then I would of included a miniature Eiffel tower since I have always dreamed of going to Paris. Use scrapbook paper to decorate the background of the shadow box.

3. Goodwill has a lot of large, cheap picture frames. Buy one and remove the picture as well as the glass from the frame. This leaves the cardboard backing to the frame. Cover the cardboard with scrapbook paper and attach the pictures of your dreams. It's the same idea as what I made, just better looking.

Basically all of these have the same idea: give yourself a visual of your dreams to see daily. This makes you remember them each day and will most likely cause you to think about how to achieve them. For instance, lately when I've seen my board, I have thought about my trip to Washington that I am working towards. I hope to be at the Presidential inauguration. No matter what your dreams are just give yourself a daily reminder to help them along. Don't let yourself forget about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment